Of all the months of the year, November reigns supreme. November is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month, a holiday for which I am the self-appointed official spokesman. November also contains my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, a time for family, friends and food. In addition, November is the month that I started this site. What began as a convenient way to store my recipes and share them with friends and family has turned into a passionate hobby with quite a few devoted followers. To extend my thanks to all of you, I’ve compiled a list of your favorite peanut butter recipes for this roundup. The recipes are fantastic and the creativity is mind boggling, I hope you enjoy the 33 user-submitted recipes as much as I have.
Reader Submitted Recipe Links:
- South African Peanut Butter Pumpkin Casserole from Cook Appeal
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies from The Adventures of Kitchen Girl
- Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting from The Friday Friends
- Peanut Butter Surprises from Equal Opportunity Kitchen
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Wafer Cookies from Giddy Gastronome
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies from Gluten Free in Cleveland
- Peanut Butter Pasta from Confessions of a Mormon Foodie
- Grilled PB&J from Back to the Fridge
- Chipotle Mole Chili from Cookbook Cuisine
- Peanut Bites from Health Nut
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oat Balls from Baking and Boys!
- Chocolate Filled Double Peanut Butter Cookies from The Food Site
- Peanut Butter Bliss Cake from Almost Vegan
- Peanut Butter and Raisin Muffins from Mochachocolata-Rita
- Addictive Peanut Butter Granola from Life, Love, and Food
- Peanut Butter Jelly Oatmeal Streusel Muffins from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats from Diary of a Fanatic Foodie
- Peanut Butter Cookie Remix from Creative Confectionery
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream from Peanut Butter Boy
- Cocoa Brownies with Peanut Butter Chips from Equal Opportunity Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Equal Opportunity Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cake from Equal Opportunity Kitchen
- Thai Peanut Chicken from Equal Opportunity Kitchen
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Cake from Joie De Vivre
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwich from Ashleigh’s Edibles
Reader Submitted Recipes:
Nutter Butter Bons from Katherine
1. MIX peanut butter and sugar in medium bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups of the crushed Nutter Butter cookies; stir until well blended.
2. SHAPE peanut butter mixture by the large teaspoonful into 40-60 balls. Place on parchment covered baking sheets. Roll the peanut butter cookie ball in 1-1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies until balls are evenly coated; cover.
3. REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour. Store leftover balls in refrigerator.
PBJ&B French Toast from Katherine
1/2 cup peanut butter
8 slices sandwich bread
1/2 cup jelly (any flavor)
5 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
8 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp and drained on paper towels
1. SPREAD the peanut butter on 4 bread slices, the jelly on the other 4 slices, and place two slices of the cooked bacon on either slice and combine to make 4 sandwiches.
2. WHISK together in a wide, medium bowl, the eggs, milk and vanilla.
3. HEAT in a large nonstick skillet 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. When the butter is almost melted, dunk two of the sandwiches into the french toast batter and let the excess drip off. Place in the pan and cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes for each side. Repeat with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 sandwiches. Let cool for a minute or two; serve with the warm maple syrup.
Peanut Butter & Honey Sandwich from Jen
2 slices bread
2T peanut butter
Assemble into sandwich form.
Decadent, Heavenly Peanut Butter Bomb from Mark
Two pieces of Sourdough Bread
4 slices of maple flavored bacon
Iceberg or Romaine lettuce
Chunky Peanut Butter
1 thinly sliced banana
1 thinly sliced Granny Smith or apple of choice
2 TBS. of Orange Flavored Dried Cranberries
2 slices of American Cheese
2 TBS toasted pecans or walnut pieces
2 TBS honey or maple syrup
1 TBS shredded coconut
1. Heat up a frying pan and melt 4 TBS of unsalted butter. Fry bacon till golden brown and set aside. Keep pan warm. Generously lather both pieces of bread with the peanut butter. Place lettuce leaves on both. Add another layer of peanut butter to the lettuce, set one piece aside and top the other with the sliced banana and bacon. Add a piece of cheese, the sliced apple and the cranberries. Add another slice of cheese and top with the honey/maple syrup, nuts and coconut. Place other half of sandwich on top. Warm up pan until sizzling and carefully place sandwich into the pan and hold or weigh down until bottom is golden brown. Carefully flip over and repeat process until the other side is golden brown. Remove to plate and allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Use toothpicks to hold in place if desired. Cut in half, pass GO and head straight to peanut butter heaven.
Vegan Earth and Sea Salad from Red Icculus
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 tbs. soy sauce
2 tbs. panko bread crumbs
1 package firm tofu
1/2 nori wrap
3 tbs. creamy peanut butter.
1. Drain and chop your tofu into cubes. Mix with the panko, peanut butter and soy sauce in a bowl. If the mixture is too dry, add a dash of sesame oil and stir until well covered.
2. Warm up the oil until very hot, but not smoking. Add the tofu. Use a metal spatula so it doesn’t stick. When the tofu almost reaches a “breaded” consistency, remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
3. Slice the nori wraps with a knife so they are like thin 2″ ribbons. Toss with the tofu cubes and serve as a main dish.
Thai Spaghetti from Tricia
1 lb. Shrimp – cleaned, peeled
1-2 tbsp Red Panang Curry Paste
2-3 tbsp Peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 evaporated milk
1/2 cup carrots, julienned
1/2 cup zucchini, julienned
1 packet of Spaghetti
Fish Sauce & sugar to taste
1. Cook spaghetti according to package.
2. Heat coconut milk, evaporated milk, curry paste & peanut butter in a pan. Stir well until well blended.
3. When bubbling, add shrimp, zucchini & carrots. Add sugar and fish sauce to taste.
4. Finally, turn off heat and then add spaghetti. Mix well to coat.
*I came up with this recipe after taking my nephew to Cheesecake Factory and paying over $15 for this dish. Came home made this for under $10 and was able to feed 4 people!!!
Peanut Butter & Bacon Sandwich from Various
2 slices bread
2T peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
3 strips bacon
Assemble into sandwich form.
Peanut Butter Balls from Courtney
2 cups peanut butter
1 box powdered sugar
1 stick butter
3/4 cup Rice Krispies (optional)
1 pkg chocolate Almond Bark
1. Mix 1st three ingredients. Add Rice Krispies if you want a crunch. Make into balls.
2. Melt the Almond Bark in the microwave according to the directions on the package. Dip the balls in the chocolate. Drop on wax paper to dry.
I like to put them in the fridge after they are dry. Yummy! You can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter mixed together!
Peanut Butter Banana Bread from Sarah
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter and Co’s Cinnamon Raisin.)
2 bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, beating in between each egg, then peanut butter. Add in flour and baking soda gradually, adding in a banana at the halfway point then after all the flour has been mixed in. Stir in chopped peanuts.
2. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake @ 350 for about an hour or until a toothpick that’s been inserted in the center of the loaf comes clean. Cover halfway with a piece of tinfoil to prevent scorching.
For all of you peanut butter lovers out there, feel free to display the following image on your site to demonstrate your love: