- The Peanut Butter Boy - http://www.peanutbutterboy.com -
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Posted By Nick On January 24, 2013 @ 9:47 am In Bakery, Breakfast, Peanut Butter, Vegetarian | 81 Comments
2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (or more, to taste)
1T baking powder
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
1 cup skim milk (or almond milk)
3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter w/ salt
1t vanilla extract
1/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg)
100g (3.5 oz) dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans (or muffin tins).
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a medium bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir just until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
4. Split evenly between the two pans and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then remove from the pan and let them cool completely. Even better the next day. Yield: 2 loaves.
Article printed from The Peanut Butter Boy: http://www.peanutbutterboy.com
URL to article: http://www.peanutbutterboy.com/dark-chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-bread/
Copyright © 2013 Peanut Butter Boy. All rights reserved.