For full effect, imagine the above pizza is a little warmer and about 4 days younger. What you’re looking at are the last two slices of pizza from earlier this week. I had a craving for pizza last weekend that needed filling, and filling it was. I packed so much stuff on one pizza to last me for a week of dinners. You should customize the toppings to your liking, but I highly recommend the chicken/hot sauce combo along with the cheese mixture.
1 prepared whole wheat pizza dough (Trader Joe’s has a good one)
1/2 can spicy refried beans mixed with 1/4 cup spicy BBQ sauce
just spicy BBQ sauce to cover pizza
1 (10 oz) can chicken breast, broken-up into shreds
1/4 cup (2 oz) hot sauce
6 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 450. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and sauté mushrooms on medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mix together chicken and hot sauce until chicken is shredded and coated. If using bean mixture for sauce, mix together beans and BBQ sauce in a separate bowl.
3. Knead and roll out pizza dough on a well floured surface or use your fists pizzeria style until dough is approximately 12″ diameter. Place on sprayed pizza pan.
4. Cover the dough with a thin layer of sauce. Spread the chicken & hot sauce mixture on top to evenly coat. Evenly distribute the remaining toppings. Sprinkle with cheese mixture.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove the pizza and spray the cheese with olive oil spray and return to oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes.