Every fitness buff has their own way of working out, and what works for one person may not work for another. But there is one commonality amongst fitness aficionados: nutritional beverages. This ranges from the standard shakes and smoothies to more aptly named milkshakes and ice cream. Any one of those will satisfy your hunger while delivering a dense concentration of nutrients. I often see people (weight lifters especially) become so routine with their beverages but I try to change it up every time. This shake is one of my favorites. You might not have the required ingredients on hand but I suggest you get them!
16oz skim milk
1-2 scoops chocolate protein powder*
2T Da Vinci original hazelnut syrup*
1T dark cocoa powder (optional)
* Substitution suggestions below
1. Place all ingredients into a shaker bottle or blender and mix until smooth, creamy and a little foamy. If using cocoa powder and NOT using a blender, shake the bottle well then place it in the fridge for 15 minutes, then shake again to get the cocoa powder to fully dissolve.
1. If you don’t have chocolate protein powder, you could try doubling or tripling the cocoa powder and adding your sweetener of choice.
2. If you don’t have the hazelnut syrup, you could place hazelnuts in the blender first until you get a hazelnut butter, then add the milk and chocolate protein powder.
3. If you don’t have both of those ingredients, you can combine the suggestions above or just replace them both with Nutella, in the blender.