- The Peanut Butter Boy - http://www.peanutbutterboy.com -
Dark Chocolate Salt & Sugar Almonds
Posted By Nick On September 23, 2008 @ 9:15 pm In Dessert, Gluten Free, Peanut Butterless, Snack, Vegetarian | 38 Comments
1 cup dark chocolate shavings (1 overflowing cup of broken-up chocolate)
125-150 raw almonds
2t sea salt, or other coarse salt
2T turbinado sugar, or other coarse sugar
1. Place chocolate in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on a medium power level, checking and stirring every 30 seconds, until it is just melted. If the liquid chocolate is hot and very thin, let it cool for a few minutes until it thickens.
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Toss about half of the almonds in the bowl and mix them with a small spoon to coat with chocolate. Take them out with the spoon and place one at a time on the baking sheet as shown above. Repeat the process with the remaining almonds until you’ve expended your supply of chocolate.
3. Mix the salt and sugar in a small dish and sprinkle over the top of the almonds. Freeze the tray for about 30 minutes and then let sit on the counter for another 30 minutes. Place in a sealed container and store at room temperature. If they aren’t fully dry, you can place the container in the refrigerator for an additional hour.
|Serving Size 10 almonds|
Servings per Batch 15
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 10g|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.5g|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g|
* Approximately 2/3 of the fat is from the almonds, the other 1/3 is from the chocolate.
Article printed from The Peanut Butter Boy: http://www.peanutbutterboy.com
URL to article: http://www.peanutbutterboy.com/dark-chocolate-salt-sugar-almonds/
Copyright © 2013 Peanut Butter Boy. All rights reserved.