- The Peanut Butter Boy - http://www.peanutbutterboy.com -
Dark Chocolate Salt & Sugar Almonds
Posted By Nick On September 23, 2008 @ 9:15 pm In Dessert,Gluten Free,Peanut Butterless,Snack,Vegetarian | 40 Comments
1 cup dark chocolate shavings (1 overflowing cup of broken-up chocolate)
125-150 raw almonds
2t sea salt, or other coarse salt
2T turbinado sugar, or other coarse sugar
1. Place chocolate in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on a medium power level, checking and stirring every 30 seconds, until it is just melted. If the liquid chocolate is hot and very thin, let it cool for a few minutes until it thickens.
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Toss about half of the almonds in the bowl and mix them with a small spoon to coat with chocolate. Take them out with the spoon and place one at a time on the baking sheet as shown above. Repeat the process with the remaining almonds until you’ve expended your supply of chocolate.
3. Mix the salt and sugar in a small dish and sprinkle over the top of the almonds. Freeze the tray for about 30 minutes and then let sit on the counter for another 30 minutes. Place in a sealed container and store at room temperature. If they aren’t fully dry, you can place the container in the refrigerator for an additional hour.
|Serving Size 10 almonds|
Servings per Batch 15
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 10g|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.5g|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g|
* Approximately 2/3 of the fat is from the almonds, the other 1/3 is from the chocolate.
Here’s a little comparison of the before and after cooling pictures of the almonds. The fact that they were taken from near the same perspective was on accident but pretty nifty eh?
Article printed from The Peanut Butter Boy: http://www.peanutbutterboy.com
URL to article: http://www.peanutbutterboy.com/dark-chocolate-salt-sugar-almonds/
Copyright © 2014 Peanut Butter Boy. All rights reserved.