- The Peanut Butter Boy - http://www.peanutbutterboy.com -
Chicken and Pears
Posted By Nick On January 9, 2013 @ 12:06 pm In Gluten Free, Main Course, Peanut Butterless | 1 Comment
3 chicken breasts
1 medium shallot, chopped
2 large pears, cored, and sliced
1/4 cup chicken broth
4 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup raisins
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
freshly ground black pepper
1. Filet the chicken breasts in half such that each chicken breast becomes two thin-sliced breasts. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Add a splash of olive oil to a skillet and preheat over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and sear on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
2. To the same pan, add the shallot and saute over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until soft. Lower the heat to medium and add the pears. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, until the pears are soft and golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add the sauce to the pan, along with the raisins, and simmer until the sauce thickens – about 5 minutes. Slowly add more chicken broth if sauce becomes too thick.
3. Add the chicken to the pan and reduce heat to medium-low to reach a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until flavors have combined and chicken is cooked through.
4. Serve with crushed walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Article printed from The Peanut Butter Boy: http://www.peanutbutterboy.com
URL to article: http://www.peanutbutterboy.com/chicken-and-pears/
Copyright © 2013 Peanut Butter Boy. All rights reserved.